Oil on panel: 50 x 60 cm / 19.7 x 23.6 in
Signed and dated '40' lower right
Painter of portraits, still lifes, landscapes and town views.
Jacob Bruijn lived and worked in The Hague, in Amsterdam and, from 1932 on, in Wassenaar. He was a pupil of Georg Wilhelm Christian Rueter in Amsterdam and at the Fine Arts Academy of The Hague under the direction of Hendrik Meijer. He was a member of the ‘Pulchri Studio’, the ‘Nederlands Kunstenaars Genootschap’ and the ‘Beroepsvereniging van Beeldende Kunstenaars’ ( B.B.K.). Hij taught at the Institute of Art History of the University of Utrecht.
The Hague 1906 - 1989
P. Scheen, "Lexicon Nederlandse Beeldende Kunstenaars; 1750-1880", The Hague 1969, Vol. 1, p. 181.